Thursday 27 February 2014

Tandoori Chicken..yes please!

Tandoori Chicken has always had a very special place in my heart. I remember the first time I went and had Tandoori chicken was when I was 10 years old. I was living in Tokyo and I had the mumps. My dad LOVES Indian and the first Indian restaurant opened up about a 15 minute walk from our house. It was located next to the Japanese equivalent of Origin head office.  I remember only being able to eat rice and a few pieces of Tandoori Chicken and it HURT but it was so good....

Tandoor Chicken Salad recipe again comes from my favourite Thermomistress... #Tenina Holder the author of Keeping it Simple - Recipes for a #Thermomix... She has an incredible website and she is also on Facebook. One day I hope that she will make it to Central Queensland so I can see  her weave her magic..

Need

Ingredient of Marinade
2 cloves of garlic
15g piece ginger
2 bay leaves, spine removed
1 red chilli, seeds optional
1 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp turmeric
1/2 tsp each of ground coriander, cumin and cinnamon
A few peppercorns
2 tbsp EVOO
200g Greek yoghurt

Ingredients for Salad
2 chicken breasts
Oil for frying
170g red lentils (I did not include)
Water for Steaming
Salad greens of choice
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1/2 red onion
40g pistachios, shelled (I did not include)
40g dried apricots, diced (I did not include)
Handful of mint leaves

Ingredients for Dressing
1 clove garlic
60g Greek yoghurt
60g EVOO
Juice of 1 lemon 
Generous pinch of pink salt flakes



Do
1. Make the marinade - place all marinade ingredients into TM bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 8. Pour into a large Ziploc bag

2. Butterfly chicken breast fillets and add to bag. Spread marinade around the chicken and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days



 3. Place lentils into simmering basket and fill TM bowl to just below the base of the basket with water. Cook 16 min/100 degree C/speed 4. Set aside until ready to serve. (I don't like lentils so I didn't cook any)

4. When ready to eat, heat oil in a grill pan, cook chicken fillets both sides until charred on the outside and cooked in the centre. Slice on the diagonal.


5. Arrange all the salad ingredients, including the cooked lentils onto a large platter finishing with the chicken and mint



6. Make dressing by placing all ingredients into the TM bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 8. Pour over salad and chicken and serve immediately!


Healthy, fresh and yummy! We both loved eating it and there was enough for lunch the next day for the both of us! It might be made again..very soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment